Sunday, January 27, 2013

J and V

Livermore Place

Well, it's been a while since I posted, and, seeing as I have a free second, I decided to just do it.

Life has been going great in California. There have been a lot of adventures so far, and we've just gotten through a pretty big one: getting a place to call our own. I have to say, the combination of V's drive and my ignorance of my own inability to accomplish something has led us to accomplish quite a bit, the new house being a prime example.

The entire purchase and move was actually pretty fortunate, but we also had some other pleasant surprises, such as our proximity to some great spots of Livermore, a town which has so far turned out to be an amazingly well-kept secret, except from the taxman, of course. We've also discovered taking the train works out very well in my situation. Also, most of our neighbors, and we've met a few so far, are long-time residents, our next-dorr neighbor being a recently-retired law enforcement official (not that Whoohah would ever let anything shady get by her).

One other little perk was what we found when removing the living room carpet: the hardwood floor's finish had been very well preserved! Here's a picture (people like pictures):

Here is a closeup. The mop-looking thing is a moderately-clean dog, if you don't consider all the dirt.


On the right, you can see some spots of carpet-pad residue. On the left, the hardwood has been cleaned (soap and water did the trick. Thanks Dad!)

The last bit of good news is that the pool, which was overfilled with cyanuric acid, causing the chlorine content to need to be increased to unsafe levels to balance the pH, is now perfectly balanced after draining 2/3 of it and refilling.

Officially, that's not a diving board: it's a safety plank.
I couldn't resist and, despite it being pretty cold yesterday, I jumped in with only slight hesitation and threats from V. Today, I didn't hesitate for a second: it was great!!! V got her chance to get in too - she looked like a rockstar.
To V: nice job driving this! I wouldn't have done it without you!




No comments:

Post a Comment