Leon and Shay's New House:
We rented a little tiny house to live in when we get married. It's not much, but we are making it our home and are very excited!
 |
| The kitchen is tight, but fully functional =) |
 |
| Our His and Her aprons Mom made us |
 |
| The Bedroom will look a lot different after the wedding gifts come in, and we paint |
 |
| It's really nice to have a washer and dryer, even if it is shoved into the bathroom |
 |
| And don't forget Phi! She loves having her own place too. |
And a visual tour:
Phiona Mae
, Phi (or φ) for short
10 Weeks Old
Leon and I didn't mean to get a dog on Friday..but we made the mistake of going to see some puppies and fell in love with Phiona.
We weren't ready for her at all, so when we got her to Ma and Pa's house, we had nothing for her to play with. Ma went the fabric closet and tore strips of cloth, then her and Puffy braided them together to make this toy. Phi loves it!
Phiona is a pure bred, papered black lab. She has amazing qualities, and we were lucky to find her when we did.
Right before we left, Phi decided to start chewing on our shoes! Ma took pity on her and dug out an old pair that she had been planning on throwing away. This is now Phi's favorite chew toy and she will chew on it for hours.
Because we adopted Phi so suddenly, we don't even have a place to put her! The family we adopted her from offered to keep her for a few more weeks until Leon and I can finish finals and get a place set up for her to live with us. Until them we will only have her occasionally, but we are looking forward to having her all of the time!
_________________________________________________________________________________
First days of vet school; don't let the white coat fool you:
Dinner at the President's house, very fancy
White Coat Ceremony in Washington
Look at the top of the page. Yes, that is me, giving a cow a shot. You can see this picture in real life at vetmed.usu.edu
_________________________________________
Engagements: Planning a Wedding is Fun =)
I know this is older news, but I wanted to post pictures anyway.
LEON FINALLY PROPOSED!!!
 |
| He led me on a treasure hunt (with the help of our roommates) to places that were special to us. This is the bus stop we met at. |
 |
| And where we had our first kiss. |
 |
| I had actually never been here, but he needed another clue that was along the way. |
 |
| The first date he asked me on. |
 |
| This is the lookout point at Bear Lake. We also went here on that date. The signs say "Heather, Will You Marry Me?" I especially love the arrow on the "Me?" sign. |
 |
| Yes, I was crying. |
 |
| These kinds of pictures are what you get when your roommate has the camera, haha. |
 |
| It's so much prettier in person, but hopefully you can get a good idea. |
The wedding will be sometime in February, but no official date has been set yet.
=) =) =)
____________________________________________
Just so everyone knows, I have officially sent in my letter to USU informing them that I will be attending school in their class this fall. However, I am still thinking that I will transfer to UF after 1 or 2 years, so don't give up on warm weather and beaches just yet!
Leon was baptized on Feb. 11th, 2012. It was a really busy, but still such an amazing day!
 |
| Leon's really good friend performed the baptism. |
 |
| Three of Leon's six roommates. Each of them had a part in the program. It was very special to see them all involved. |
 |
| Leon's amazing parents. |
 |
| k |
More Christmas Pictures:
 |
| I asked for a rubber duck for my birthday, but I guess that no one took my seriously because I didn't get any. I complained enough that Leon gave me 20 for Christmas. |
 |
| Mama bear made all of us aprons for Christmas. These are Gumby's and Puffy's. |
 |
| Papa Bear's annual puzzle. Now we're ready for New Years! |
 |
| I stayed up very late so Mama Bear wouldn't know that I had decided she needed an apron too. |
 |
| This is Leon's present from Mama and Papa Bear. Mama Bear made it very cute in the bathtub. Then I told Leon he had a smudge on his face so he went in the bathroom to clean it off and saw this. |
 |
| My present to Leon. There is another one in the bag. |
Merry Christmas!!!
December 19th, 2011
It's official, Leon and I are done with finals! I'm starting to feel a little weird because I only have to go through this one more semester, but then I think that I only have to go through this one more semester and get excited.
Some new news, I know everyone already knows that I've been accepted into UF CVM, but....
I also received an acceptance email from CSU CVM,
and...I received an offer for an interview from USU/WSU CVM, although I don't know when the interview will be just yet.
I feel very blessed that I've been successful in my applications, but I know that I never would have gotten here without the love and support I receive from each precious member of my family, as well as from my Heavenly Father. You have all been lights in my life. I have no greater joy then to be with my family, and I'm so excited to see it continue to grow.
Okay, pictures...
Leon and I decided to celebrate the end of finals by going to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. This is the first bowl USU has played in since 1997, and it was in Boise on the famous "smurf turf," (notice the field is blue). USU led the whole game, until the last 13 second when the University of Ohio made a touch down and won 24 to 23. Not unexpected, but I was pretty upset. It was still nice to get away though, and we had fun standing and screaming in the freezing cold for a few hours.
Roommate Christmas Party. I love these girls, they are awesome!!!
First snowman of the year. Leon added the antennae...it's an alien snowman.
This was the couple I stayed with in Florida, their dog (Kitsuni), and two of their seven cats (Jewels and Auggy).
______________________________________________________________
If we had our choice, this is what we would do every day in our spare time!

Our Senior Homecoming...we had a blast! Who knew Leon could dance =)
Shay and Roommate playing HvZ on campus. She ate my brain!
Leon's parent's bought us these for the new boat for our birthdays.
Silly Cid!
Silly Addy ( I can fit, I promise!)
And finally, silly Cloud!
No comments:
Post a Comment